AUDIO: Heavy rainfall for Tasmania this week
Bureau of Meteorology Tasmania meteorologist Rachel McInerney discusses:
- A trough and cold front bringing possible heavy falls into the north west later Tuesday and overnight into Wednesday.
- Developing complex situation later in the week with further rain across the state Thursday night into Friday.
- Expecting 20–40mm in northwest, 10–20mm in the southwest and around 5 mm elsewhere Tuesday into Wednesday.
- Further rain into the north early Wednesday of potentially 20-30mm.
- Expecting 20-40 mm in the south and east, 15-25mm across most other parts, less in the north on Thursday into Friday.
- Possibility of heavier falls of 50-80mm about the southeast on Friday but there is uncertainty in totals due to the position of a low pressure system.
Download audio here (audio current as of 2pm AEDT on 19 November, 2018).