AUDIO NEWS RELEASE: Victoria expecting heavy rain from Thursday
Bureau of Meteorology Senior Meteorologist, Thomas Delamotte discusses:
- Showers and Thunderstorms developing tomorrow with a warm, humid day
- Intense low pressure system on Thursday bringing potential for heavy rain
- Currently, models suggest heaviest falls across the north east and northern country
- Potential for heavy rain in Melbourne and Central areas on Thursday
- Localised flash flooding possible on Thursday
- More rain expected on Friday, with potential for heavy falls across southern and western parts of Victoria
- Likely to issue warnings over the next two days – including marine wind warnings
Audio is available for download.
This audio is current as of 10.00am AEST on Tuesday, 11 December 2018.
The latest weather and warnings are available on the Bureau of Meteorology's website.