AUDIO NEWS RELEASE: Heat and fire danger in Tasmania
Bureau of Meteorology Tasmania Fire Weather Meteorologist Alex Melitsis discusses:
- A Fire Weather Warning is current as areas of the state are forecast with Extreme fire danger (Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley and south east).
- Severe fire danger also forecast for the east coast and Very High fire danger for central north, north east, Central Plateau and the Furneaux Islands.
- Areas around Richmond/Campania expected to reach around 39-40 °C today.
- A cool change will come through later today, some areas along the east will remain warm into the evening
- Temperatures drop on Saturday but expected to still be dry.
This audio is current as of 10.30am on 4/1/2019 and can be downloaded here.