AUDIO NEWS RELEASE: Tasmania ANZAC Day forecast
Meteorologist Matthew Thomas from Bureau of Meteorology Tasmania discusses the ANZAC Day forecast for Tasmania.
Matthew is covering the following points:
- Mostly fine conditions with winds early in the day, strengthening late Thursday
- Showers about west, far south and Bass Strait Islands around dawn
- Conditions around the state at dawn:
- Hobart around 11 °C, mostly cloudy, winds of 20–30 km/h
- Launceston around 8 °C, partly cloudy, winds of 15–25 km/h
- Swansea mostly clear, around 9 °C, light winds
- Devonport around 10 °C, partly cloudy, winds of 20–30 km/h
- Queenstown around 10 °C, mostly cloudy, winds of 15–25 km/h
- Winds will increase later Thursday, with strong to potentially damaging winds expected into Friday.
Download audio here. Audio current as of 10:15am AEST 24 April 2019.