AUDIO NEWS RELEASE: Tasmania's July climate summary
Climatologist, Ian Barnes-Keoghan, from the Bureau of Meteorology, discusses the climate summary for Tasmania for July, including the following points:
- Very wet in the west, dry in the east and warm overall for July
- Heavy rainfall for quite a few places in the west, Strahan had its wettest July on record
- Dry on the east coast with the lower south east recording less than 10 mm of rain
- Temperatures were generally above average
- Spring will naturally see warmer days, no strong push either way for rainfall.
Download audio here (current at 12pm AEST on 1 August 2019).
For the full Tasmania July climate summary, please go to http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/month/tas/summary.shtml