AUDIO NEWS RELEASE: Severe weather on the way for Victoria
Senior Meteorologist, Michael Efron, from the Bureau of Meteorology Victoria discusses forecast severe weather across the state. Interview can be accessed here.
Michael is covering the following points, current as of 1.30pm on 04 September 2019:
- Thunderstorms possible Thursday afternoon, light rain for most of the state.
- Showers for all districts on Friday: 15–30mm in parts of West Gippsland, 5–15mm areas east of Geelong to Shepparton
- Cold conditions with snow as low as 1,000 metres
- Potential gale force winds along central and eastern coastal locations Friday into Saturday
- Wet and windy for the qualifying AFL final on Friday night.