AUDIO NEWS RELEASE: Tasmania severe weather forecast
Senior Meteorologist, Simon Louis, from Bureau of Meteorology Tasmania discusses forecast severe weather across the state.
Interview can be accessed here.
Simon is discussing the following points, current as of 10.30am on 06 September 2019:
- The Severe Weather Warning has been updated to now include the southeast, alongside east and central north.
- The north west has been removed from the warning, but moderate rainfall is still expected.
- Friday and Saturday will be wet: 60–120 mm eastern areas, 50–80 mm in south east, 20–40 mm in the north.
- Heavier totals are possible in elevated areas and with thunderstorms.
- Flash flooding is possible with heavy falls, a Flood Watch is current for several catchments.
- Damaging winds of 100 km/h are also forecast for the east coast from this afternoon.