The BOM Blog gives you the background and insider info on weather, climate, oceans, water and space weather—as well as the latest on the work of the Bureau.
We welcome participation in the comments section of our blog; however, we are not able to respond to all comments and questions and your comments may take a little time to appear. The blog is monitored from 9 am to 5 pm Monday–Friday.
Our community includes people of all ages and backgrounds and we want this to be a safe and respectful environment for all. To keep the discussion interesting and relevant, please:
- respect other people and their opinions;
- keep your comments on topic and succinct;
- say why you disagree or agree with someone;
- comment constructively—in a way that adds value to the discussion.
When commenting, please don't:
- make defamatory, libellous, false or misleading comments;
- use obscene, insulting, racist, sexist or otherwise discriminatory or offensive language;
- post personal information about yourself or others, such as private addresses or phone numbers;
- promote commercial interests;
- violate the intellectual property rights of others;
- violate any laws or regulations;
- provoke others, distort facts or misrepresent the views of others; or
- post multiple versions of the same view or make excessive postings on a particular issue.
We won’t publish comments that are not in line with these standards. Blocking/removal of content or banning of users is at our discretion.
There is no endorsement, implied or otherwise, by the Bureau of any material in the comments section. Users are fully responsible for the content they submit.
Commenting is available via a Facebook plugin, which can only be accessed by those with Facebook accounts.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.