The Bureau of Meteorology Newsroom has been designed to provide material that can be easily sourced
and referenced by journalists in media coverage of weather, warnings and other information of public interest.
17/07/2019 - VIC
Senior Meteorologist Richard Carlyon from the Bureau of Meteorology discusses the forecast for Victoria, including:
- Updated Severe Weather Warning and what it means for the Melbourne area.
- Timing of showers/winds in the Melbourne area.
- Places likely to experience potentially damaging winds this afternoon.
- Windy conditions expected on Saturday.
16/07/2019 - VIC
Senior Meteorologist Dean Stewart from the Bureau of Meteorology discusses the forecast for Victoria, including:
- Another blast of windy weather tomorrow afternoon, especially across coastal and elevated areas
- Severe Weather Warning issued for some areas
- Melbourne impact time for winds/squally showers, 4-6pm
- How much rain to expect
- Sheep Graziers Warning issued
- When the sun will shine again
- Recap on tomorrows... read more...
13/07/2019 - TAS
Senior Meteorologist, Michael Laczko, from the Bureau of Meteorology discusses Tasmania's forecast for the coming days, including:
- Rainfall to continue today and tomorrow with Flood Warnings and a Watch current
- Damaging winds expected to return tomorrow, a Severe Weather Warning has been issued
- Snow will remain around 500-600 metres today and tomorrow.
11/07/2019 - NSW
Meteorologist, Helen Kirkup, from the Bureau of Meteorology Sydney discusses the NSW forecast for the coming days, which includes:
- A second, stronger cold front will sweep across the state between Friday and Saturday.
- Damaging winds in the Alpine region will continue. Areas that may be impacted include Snowy Mountains, South Coast, Illawarra, Southern Tablelands, Central Tablelands (including the Blue Mountains) and... read more...