The Bureau of Meteorology Newsroom has been designed to provide material that can be easily sourced
and referenced by journalists in media coverage of weather, warnings and other information of public interest.
18/04/2019 - National
Easter long weekend national weather wrap audio here.
The Bureau of Meteorology is reminding the public to stay up to date with the latest forecasts and weather in their area this coming Easter long weekend.
Most of the country is looking at fine conditions for the coming few days but several regions are likely to see severe weather:
- Western Australia's southwest is going to be impacted by a cold... read more...
18/04/2019 - TAS
Rachel McInerney, from the Bureau of Meteorology Tasmania is covering the following points:
- Mostly good weather across the long weekend
- Fine conditions on Good Friday
- Saturday will see light showers develop about the north
- Showers about the north on Sunday, extending state-wide in the evening
- Easter Monday will have quite good conditions for most of the day
- Forecast breakdown for Hobart & South, East Coast, North,... read more...
05/04/2019 - National
Meteorologist, Andrea Peace: Hello from the Bureau. We continue to monitor the tropical low to the northwest of the Top End. It's been tracking slowly west southwest into the Timor Sea, taking the more severe weather away from the Northern Territory.
Development of the system has been slow over the last 24 hours because winds in this area have been unfavourable, however today it is expected to move further west into an area that is more conducive to cyclogenesis... read more...
05/04/2019 - VIC
Senior Forecaster Michael Efron from the Bureau of Meteorology Victoria discusses:
- Wind direction today and details of inversion related to fire at Campbellfield
- Explanation of 'inversion' and what it does
- Details of change
- Weekend forecast
- Outlook for next week
- Melbourne stat re: lack of rain/driest on record and no significant rain forecast