The Bureau's website is our official, most reliable and up-to-date source of information, and includes our forecasts and warnings. Our social media channels help to amplify this information.
We use social media to connect with the Australian community and you can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and the Bureau blog.
Our Facebook page is where we post weather and climate information. Discover general knowledge about the weather and climate, and stay updated with our video updates on weather and severe weather events. We also showcase photos submitted by the community and share new Bureau reports and products.
You can follow us on Facebook here.
On Instagram, we share photos and videos of weather from all over Australia. We explain the science behind the weather and give a behind-the-scenes look at our Bureau staff. If you want us to feature your Instagram posts, tag them with #BOM♥weather.
You can follow us on Instagram here.
Follow the Bureau's Twitter accounts for weather updates and information, especially during significant weather events such as cyclones, tsunamis, and floods. Our tweets often include links to the most up-to-date information on our website. Stay connected with us here:
We connect with professionals, experts, and enthusiasts in the fields of weather, climate, water, oceans, and space weather on our LinkedIn page. We also share industry insights and collaborate on various initiatives.
You can follow us on LinkedIn here.
Watch our monthly Climate and Water Outlook videos, access archived severe weather updates, and get answers to your questions about weather phenomena with our #AsktheBureau videos. You can also find informative videos explaining our products and services.
You can follow us on YouTube here.
Delve deeper into weather phenomena and explore intriguing historical anecdotes on our Blog.
You can find out blog here.
Monitoring and response
Our social media accounts are monitored during business hours Monday to Friday (AEDT).
We value and encourage active participation on the Bureau's social media pages; however, we may not be able to individually address all comments or postings. As a diverse community comprising people of various ages and backgrounds, it is crucial to maintain a respectful and inclusive environment. To ensure a positive experience for everyone, we kindly request that you follow to the following guidelines:
- Use respectful language: Refrain from using obscene, insulting, racist, sexist, or any form of discriminatory or offensive language.
- Protect personal information: Avoid posting personal information about yourself or others, such as private addresses or phone numbers.
- Avoid promotional content: While we appreciate and acknowledge crowd-sourced weather imagery when appropriate, please refrain from promoting commercial interests.
- Respect intellectual property rights: Do not violate the intellectual property rights of others. If you share content, ensure you have the necessary permissions or provide proper attribution.
- Follow laws and regulations: It is important to comply with all applicable laws and regulations when participating in discussions. Avoid excessive postings: Please refrain from posting multiple versions of the same view or making excessive postings on a particular issue. Following and Sharing
Following and sharing
We may share posts from other users when we see that it benefits the community and relates to our core functions. However, please note that our follow or mention of an account, user, post, discussion, or hashtag does not indicate any endorsement or recommendation.
While we strive to keep our social media channels accessible, there may be occasional downtimes due to third-party services. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
To reach out to us:
For general enquiries, please refer to our contacts page.
For social media-related and media inquiries, email email@example.com.
In case of emergencies, if you are in immediate danger, call 000 or contact your local emergency services agency for advice on weather warnings.
We will regularly review and update our social media services as required.